Grasshopper 727K

dq72

Threads
:confused2:Hi, I've got a GH 727K and the engine will start but then dies when letting off of key. Any ideas??????????? Anyone??????????

Last edited:

dq72

Threads
It's got a Kohler Command Pro 27 CH740S engine. I'm at my witts end with this. Never seen this happen before. Help.....

ubdee

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's got a Kohler Command Pro 27 CH740S engine. I'm at my witts end with this. Never seen this happen before. Help.....

Hi,

That happened to me too, same engine. Engine just quit while mowing.
I pulled engine, and traced wiring and found an oil sender under air filter, in V between cylinders. Sensor had a green wire attached to top, which is the color of coil shorting wire from ignition switch and safety interlock. I removed wire from top of sensor. After replacing engine it started immediately. I would recommend an oil and filter change prior to starting and running engine. Also remove and clean oil cooler, mine was plugged.
BE AWARE, IF YOU HAVE AN OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM, LOW OIL, OR A PLUGGED UP SYSTEM AND RUN ENGINE WITH SENSOR WIRE REMOVED IT COULD SEIZE DUE TO NO OIL FLOW. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
If you choose to do so, remove wire and start engine. Sentry sensor can be removed and replaced with an oil pressure gauge.
Hope this helps.