Grasshopper 725 D PTO not engaging.

CorbinP

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have continuity on my pto switch. Seems to be working fine. What interesting is I have voltage when switch is in the closed position but when I turn on switch I lose voltage on both legs. I’ve checked the ground and all the safety switches and relays/fuses. Please help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
PTO switches can be ground switches or power switches
DC does not care where you put the switch
So at the PTO PLUG check that the pins show battery voltage between them when the switch is on and not when the switch is off.
For fun you can also check to see if the the power or ground wire is the one that is switched .

On the switch itself you are looking for changes in continuity
I generally do not bother to test the switch but jump the plug
If jumping the plug works & the switch doesn't then the switch is cactus

CorbinP

Forum Newbie
Threads
PTO switches can be ground switches or power switches
DC does not care where you put the switch
So at the PTO PLUG check that the pins show battery voltage between them when the switch is on and not when the switch is off.
For fun you can also check to see if the the power or ground wire is the one that is switched .

On the switch itself you are looking for changes in continuity
I generally do not bother to test the switch but jump the plug
If jumping the plug works & the switch doesn't then the switch is cactus
Thank you Bert but that’s what I did! I first checked continuity. Then I plugged it back in. The pin has voltage on the power side but when I turn on the switch I lose power on both sides. I will try jumping it tomorrow. Thank you for the help

BWH

Threads
Corbin check that the micro switch on the power lift jack make sure it is being engaged, twice before this happened to me I am told when the height adjuster shims are worn it allows the power lift screw jack to sit slightly cocked which opens the micro switch open thinking the deck is lifted. I went through all connections the first time from front to back including checking the electric clutch, spent a couple of days troubleshooting.