Engine Grasshopper 721d Only Firing On Two Cylinders

rconway

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower has been running a bit sluggish lately and is easily bogged down in tall grass. I had it looked at by a mower repair shop and the mechanic informed me that the mower was only firing on two cylinders, not three. What could be causing this type of problem and are there any DIY threads or articles that could show me how to make the repairs myself?

scott47429

Threads
well first off you need to figure out what its missing if its only running on 2 of 3 cylinders first figure out what one isnt firing then you have to figure out is it not getting fuel to that cylinder or not getting spark to it or is it low compression then once you have figured that out let us know and we can go from there

BWH

Threads
Barring an excessive amount of blow by on the Kubota diesel caused by bad or broken piston rings or a burnt piston I would guess a bad injector. The diesel engine can be tough to diagnose without proper equipment, an injector can be shop tested but again takes special equipment. I would seriously consider having a qualified diesel mechanic check it over.