Grass isn't cut between the blades.

Scotty xd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would suggest your losing lift with those blades. I can not prove that. Only thing I can say is check the front edge is lower then the back 3/8". Looks like the deck needs welding repair.
It definitely doesn’t need welding. I can see how you can think it does but there is definitely no crack there. It’s practically a brand-new mower 60 hours.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It definitely doesn’t need welding. I can see how you can think it does but there is definitely no crack there. It’s practically a brand-new mower 60 hours.
Look at the photo that you put up. There definitely needs to be a bead put on where the two curved baffles meet.
Your other problem is those Gator style blades. They aren’t good for anything but fall leaves.

Scotty xd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look at the photo that you put up. There definitely needs to be a bead put on where the two curved baffles meet.
Your other problem is those Gator style blades. They aren’t good for anything but fall leaves.
Nope doesn’t need welding here’s another picture different angle red arrow is from another story ….. these blades are better for mulching grass
IMG_2065.jpeg

bodean

Threads
Make sure your blades have been mounted correctly to run in the right rotation. I purchased a rider from a relatives widow that said her bought a new mower just before he passed away because the old mower no longer cut the grass well. Upon inspection, I discovered that one of the blades was installed upside down, which meant that the back side of that blade was striking the grass instead of the sharp side.

Southerner

Threads
Is there a way to fix the problem of grass left uncut between the blades? It is particularly bad between the left and center blade. I removed the relatively new blades (installed about 2 months ago), and rotated them, L to C, C to R, R to L, and I get the same result...2 stripes of grass the entire length of my mowing, which means I have to mow over the same path a second time, but slightly moved to the side to make sure my blades cut the 2 stripes that are left between the 3 blades. The grass between the left and center blade is up to 12" wide, while the grass left between the center and right blades is about 2-4" wide. I have the ProMaster 260.
I have the same problem with my 2 blade Husqvara YTH22V42 where there is a strip about 3" wide that seems to correspond to the right (discharge side) blade spindle location or there abouts. I am using high lift non mulching blades and it always seems to do it whether the grass is short of taller. I thought high lift blades would fix the problem but they don't.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks as if 2 decks were welded together without the offset recommended in #13 so the blades will always hit each other .

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks as if 2 decks were welded together without the offset recommended in #13 so the blades will always hit each other .

bullet bob

Threads
We are now getting 2 different people with problems. Should start a new thread.
To the OP: "When I got it, he said it's like new. I asked him to come with me to the side of his business where the grass was tall, like I typically cut when mowing. I ran the mower through the tall grass and it left 2 stripes"...
Do you ever just cut normal length grass? And if so, what does that look like?

GearHead36

Threads
My brother tried cutting a spot he'd let get high with a Yardman/MTD. He was stalling and squalling belts. He quit and said have to get bush hog. I told him I'd cut it. He asked what with. I said my 30" Snapper, he laughed. I mowed it, he asked why it would do what his couldn't. I said in a feminine voice, yours is for clipping the lawn, switched to masculine, said mine's for cutting the grass. One long blade with high tip speed and one belt, two pulleys VS two, short, slow tip speed blades, buncha pulleys and long convoluted belt(s).
You're trying to bush hog too fast with a lawn clipper. That front blade isn't able to hold speed.
Blade tip speed is limited by ANSI to 19000 FPM, regardless of the blade length. Unless the MTD was set up wrong by the dealer (very possible, as the "dealer" for most of them are big box stores), the blade tip speed SHOULD be the same. I think the 30" blade acts more like a bush hog than the multi blade deck on the MTD, and that's why it works better. Plus, Snapper decks are generally regarded as better than MTD's, and probably flows better.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just in case someone didn't understand blade overlap in the previous pic i did a little photo work to make things clearer .
1717339623243.jpeg