Goodyear Turf Command tire came apart. Anyone know of a warranty?

robblob

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Goodyear Turf Command tire came apart. Anyone know of a warranty?
I bought a 2018 Outlaw XP with 36hp Vanguard last year that had these Goodyear airless tires on it that the dealer had used to show off on the unit. I didn't really care for or need the tires, but he talked me out of the stock wheels because these had a higher retail value and he claimed that commercial mowers were buying them left and right for their fleet. Well, fast forward to yesterday when I'm mowing and notice that I've lost all power to my rear left wheel. Upon closer inspection I see that the rubber web has detached from the hub and is spinning freely. I've contacted the dealer to ask about a warranty, but the owner "the guy that knows about that stuff" (as the guy who answered told me) was out to lunch and I would have to call back later. Has anyone else had a similar issue with these tires? I don't want to have to replace it on my own dime since they run more than $600 per tire. I could replace it with stock wheels and tires for less. I also don't see that badboymowerparts.com offers Goodyear anymore, but has Michelin instead. I feel like I got ripped off with these wheels and now have a mower I can't do anything with until it's replaced.

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 18

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m sorry to say this, but I think the only one to can give you any satisfaction with this problem is the dealer. In this case I’m betting you chances of a good outcome are pretty slim.

robblob

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m sorry to say this, but I think the only one to can give you any satisfaction with this problem is the dealer. In this case I’m betting you chances of a good outcome are pretty slim.
I literally just got off the phone with the dealer. My faith in humanity has been slightly restored. The owner didn't hesitate and said, "bring it in and swap it out for a new one whenever you want. I'll file a warranty on it". Premier Outdoor Equipment in Poteau, OK. Have to give Richard a shoutout for taking care of his customers.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Congratulations, you have a dealer who needs all the support you can give him. Make sure you tell him that and anyone else who could use his help.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
One of the differences of buying from a dealer and a big bog store.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
But that tire looks like an idea whose time has not come. Just the design looks bad to me.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
<deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

KM Richards

Threads
Where can you find wheels like this to buy online?

I've be interested in getting some for the back of my Toro TimeCutter MX 5475

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I'm not sure if Goodyear still produces those tires. Seems like there is nothing online from current sources for 'TurfCommand'. You could look up Michelin Tweel tires though, which are the original airless tire. Tweels are the current 'upgrade' tire for Bad Boy mowers. You can view info about them on the Bad Boy site.

KM Richards

Threads
I'd want wheel and all so I could bolt them on and go