GoKart knock

Rls8836

Threads
I am working on grandaughters goKart, it’s 3-4 yrs. old. It has sat up about 2 yrs. with a broken axle. Got it started and to try to accelerate with no load it will labor knock about 3 times and go dead. The carburetor was nice and clean when I examined it and did a cleaning. It sounds like a bad keyway on the flywheel but the keyway and flywheel both look perfect. Super good fit and alignment with no slack. This is a 5 hp. motor and am being told it is a predator engine. Looks like a Briggs to me though. Anyway if the keyway and flywheel are good and the air gap is set what else can make it labor knock like I’m hearing. Upon taking the flywheel metal cove off I found a linkage setting there not hooked up at all, completely loose. A goKart store near me said it looks like it is no part of the goKart. I’m stumped on this part and how it got there. I’m attaching a video of the linkage and where I found it maybe someone has an idea. I was thinking it was related to the labor knock. But the shop says it doesn’t look like it belongs there. Thanks

Rls8836

Threads
I am working on grandaughters goKart, it’s 3-4 yrs. old. It has sat up about 2 yrs. with a broken axle. Got it started and to try to accelerate with no load it will labor knock about 3 times and go dead. The carburetor was nice and clean when I examined it and did a cleaning. It sounds like a bad keyway on the flywheel but the keyway and flywheel both look perfect. Super good fit and alignment with no slack. This is a 5 hp. motor and am being told it is a predator engine. Looks like a Briggs to me though. Anyway if the keyway and flywheel are good and the air gap is set what else can make it labor knock like I’m hearing. Upon taking the flywheel metal cove off I found a linkage setting there not hooked up at all, completely loose. A goKart store near me said it looks like it is no part of the goKart. I’m stumped on this part and how it got there. I’m attaching a video of the linkage and where I found it maybe someone has an idea. I was thinking it was related to the labor knock. But the shop says it doesn’t look like it belongs there. Thanks