Goat pedicure

Mr.McGinty

Threads
Mr. McGinty has had her pedicure, and it went well. She used to be really awkward but these days is much better behaved. I will watch her for a few days though as I have a feeling she will do something extra naughty as payback! It made me remember how a few years ago one of the kids tried to paint the goat's feet with nail polish. Hmmm, I think I could be getting broody!:eek:

littleAudrey

Threads
This made me laugh! I'd love to own a goat and maybe I wouldn't need a mower if I did. Does your goat keep your grass shorn all by itself? Is it a male goat? With a female at least you'd get milk.

Smartaleck

Threads
I had friends who kept goats and they wouldn't name the kids because they sent them off to be slaughtered so they had a freezer full of goat meat. They did milk the females as well and made cheese that they sold to the local village shop. They were very much into self sufficiency.

Mr.McGinty

Threads
This made me laugh! I'd love to own a goat and maybe I wouldn't need a mower if I did. Does your goat keep your grass shorn all by itself? Is it a male goat? With a female at least you'd get milk.

Our goat is female, despite her name! She's never had a kid and therefore no milk. I always intended to buy two as I know they are herd animals but she is an oddball and seems to like being with humans well enough! Goats tend to eat bushes and plants before grass but she does okay. (We don't have too much lawn right now.)

littleAudrey

Threads
What kind of goat is she and is she friendly or does she bite? I'm seriously considering getting one but I've heard that they can be "difficult" and a bit smelly. Do you have to keep her tethered? Does she cost a lot to feed?

brucesdeere

Threads
I too have a goat, next month he is getting neutered, we had a bad episode with a previous goat who was "country neutered", the thought of that scares the pants off me, but this little guy seems very passive and friendly.

Attachments

• mower1.jpg
    mower1.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 0

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
a few years ago one of the kids tried to paint the goat's feet with nail polish. Hmmm, I think I could be getting broody!:eek:

Aimee... It sounds like she is a cute goat :laughing:
And you are getting some entertainment... :laughing:
:smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
When my sister was young she used to dress up our lamb in dresses and hats and the like, funny thing was, the lamb seemed to enjoy it, silly thing!

macky

Threads
You guys can be funny and weird. Nail polish on goats is the last thing we think about here :)

But yes goats are cleaner than hogs because of what they eat. And yes, they can be timid too. It just never crosses my mind that some people actually domesticate them :) I thought we do that only in nursery rhymes (Mary had a little lamb ...)