Generic p-washer won’t restart after shutdown

I have a Generac


G0079540
motor number ST168 F2 A7

It will start cold, run as long as I want to use it, I shut it down, it will not restart. It will not restart with starting fluid, either.
I initially did the following after winter storage:
Fresh gas
cleaned the carb
Changed the plug
Plenty of fuel out of the line

I am seeing no spark, but only after I shut down.

Magneto/coil time, or is there something else with these motors?

It runs good initially, smooth, plenty of pressure on the pump side, but won’t restart until a very long cool down, and then very difficult to get it started.

Thank you in advance for your insight and help
 
If you are loosing spark after running the engine, I would be replacing the coil since it sounds like it is experiencing heat sink failure.

And the model and serial number from the tag would contain the info we need to assist with parts. Generac likes serial numbers for the parts lookups on the dealer site.
 
Back
Top