Export thread

general question on toro blade patterns

G

greid

I have a Toro Time Cutter 75754 that I have had a problem with blade stripping out spindle / blade notch pattern. I would like to replace spindle with one that uses "star" pattern. I can't find a place to ask Toro... all parts end up at the OEM circle with 2 flat sides. I'm willing to replace entire spindle assembly if I could just find out if there is one with the star that will fit in the same mounting hole and belt arrangement.

M

mechanic mark

R

Rivets

To the best of my knowledge Timecutters use a blade with just a center hole, no pattern to wash out. You must use a belleville washer to hold the blade tight against the spindle shaft.

G

greid

To the best of my knowledge Timecutters use a blade with just a center hole, no pattern to wash out. You must use a belleville washer to hold the blade tight against the spindle shaft.
Thanks for your opinion. I'll just change our the spindle assembly and move on from there. thanks again

B

bertsmobile1

What blades dod you fit , brand & part number ?
Never seen a blade flog out it's hole but there are a lot of blades with a slightly larger hole.
Bevelle wasjer is slightly concave to clamp ono the blade
If you use it upside down or just a flat washer the blade will spin on the shaft when working hard .