Gas

JGH

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro lx 426 mower,it shoots out black oil from the exhaust.When I removed the spark plug gas shot out and black oil.What is the problem ? Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
float needle is not sealing properly in the carburetor.
check your engine oil. if it's thin and smells like gasoline, Fix the carb, and replace the oil (and filter if it has one)
appears to use a briggs Intek engine, so post the engine model number that is stamped on the valve cover at the front of the engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rings bad, NO, float needle and seat causing the problem, more than likely.

Charlie8d

Threads
As Scrubcadet suggested above . Check the oil level . I don't doubt it is overfull & the oil is diluted with gas. Do a sniff of the dipstick.

witkop

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you been driving on an incline and sucked CC oil into the CC breather tube?

Born2Mow

Threads
Black smoke is always too rich on the fuel mixture.

Listen to Scrubcadet. Either 1) your choke is stuck in the ON position, or 2) your float is not stopping fuel from entering the engine due to grit in the float valve.

If it's the later, then your oil level is probably fairly high, AND/OR your dip stick possibly smells like gasoline. That means fuel has filled your crankcase... and has diluted your engine oil. Change your oil and filter IMMEDIATELY !!

• Adding a fuel filter will stop the grip that caused the condition.
  • Adding a manual fuel ON/OFF valve will stop all fuel flow while the mower is parked.