gas solenoid

451johnny

Threads
Hi everyone I have a cub cadet AG6-2160 garden tractor that does not start and I believe its the gas solenoid on the 16hp v twin engine and I would like to remove and replace it but have no idea where to start ..I'm handy just don't have any idea on how to go about it I have no idea weather or not its easy or hard so any help would be greatly appreciated Johnny

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is expensive
take it out then ground it out the engine if it has a single wire .
Turn the key on & off while watching it dance .
If no tango give it a good spray with carb cleaner and work the plunger in & our with regular resprays to flush the goo out
It is an EPA requirement that will not affect the running of the mower should you endanger all future life on the planet & cut the plunger off.
However the engie will backfire after you have turned it off unless you throttle down first.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The quick & dirty test is to start the engine on carb cleaner sprayed into the carb.
If you can keep it running for a minute or so with continual SHORT shots down the carb then the solenoid becomes the No 1 suspect.

mistermowerman

Threads
Something else to check is the wiring from the solenoid, it goes into a multi connector which can give you the same problem as a faulty solenoid .