Gas coming out of muffler

Jakobbbbbb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Generally it sounds like it wants to start. So close. It just won't. It has full compression, so if you're pulling on a rope it feels the same. Your electric starter probably sounds normal. You'll have spark. A little gas in the carb won't get it going. By rights, doing the obvious checks, it should start. But it won't.
I’m going to put a refresh kit on it and if that dosent solve it then I will check the flywheel key

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sir, gas coming out of the muffler is the carb needle sticking OPEN when it shouldn't be. Get the carb addressed first before messing with valve stem caps and cup holders. Did you pull the oil dipstcik and smell for fuel? Looks like you breezed over everything I mentioned.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put up a video. I would like to see this fuel issue.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I pulled the carb off removed the bowl and shook it and didn’t hear any gas in it and it moved up and down freely
If you didn't "hear" any gas in there, how is fuel coming out of the muffler? Remove the carb off the engine. Turn the fuel ON. See if fuel comes out of the carb throat. If you didn't hear any fuel it might of been full. Lastly listening for fuel is not a proper test.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I pulled the carb off removed the bowl and shook it and didn’t hear any gas in it and it moved up and down freely
That still doesn't mean the Needle (which the float is attached to) is sealing.

joe_cooler

Threads
Agree with above. My float was fine and did a full clean of the carb and still had the issue. Replace the carb. They are inexpensive. I did and my rider runs great! 22HP B&S V-Twin on mine.

jjgurley

Forum Newbie
Threads
How old is your gasoline? I was surprised that my 6x4 would not start because of a few tablespoons of water in the fuel - fuel gauge let rainwater in. I expected it to at least run poorly.

muddy51

Threads
often a small piece of trash gets to the needle and seat via the inlet fuel line
try lifting float by hand and verify that carb inlet fuel flow stops
if it leaks, remove float and needle and fuel line and spray a little carb cleaner
sometimes the needle will wear enough to cause it to leak but it's more likely a piece of trash

loganh3101

Forum Newbie
Threads
The float can move up and down freely and the needle valve still be stuck shut. Will it crank if you spray some starting fluid in the carburetor throat?