Fun at work

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was remembering today about the favorite prank I used to pull on temporary guys at work, part of my job was to recieve shipments of office components that were palletized, boxed up, and shrink wrapped. The shipper would sometimes ship a pallet of boxes that had an odd number and in order to get a full height stack on the pallet, they would use an empty shipping box or two to "even out" the stack before it was wrapped and loaded. They would mark the empties with "F" for filler, so the actual component count wouldn't be off. Most of the new guys had no idea what a filler carton was.

I would climb into the back of the truck to unload and keep count, handing down the cartons (15-25 pounds) to the temporary guys to restack on another pallet. I would set aside the filler carton on top, and as the count in the truck dwindled down to a few, I would count off, "ten more, nine more, eight more....." and when the filler was the only one left, I would pitch it at one guy who was on the ground and watch him scramble like h--- to catch it before it fell.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
My fun at work is reading your posts.:thumbsup::laughing::laughing:

Threads
Was remembering today about the favorite prank I used to pull on temporary guys at work, part of my job was to recieve shipments of office components that were palletized, boxed up, and shrink wrapped. The shipper would sometimes ship a pallet of boxes that had an odd number and in order to get a full height stack on the pallet, they would use an empty shipping box or two to "even out" the stack before it was wrapped and loaded. They would mark the empties with "F" for filler, so the actual component count wouldn't be off. Most of the new guys had no idea what a filler carton was.

I would climb into the back of the truck to unload and keep count, handing down the cartons (15-25 pounds) to the temporary guys to restack on another pallet. I would set aside the filler carton on top, and as the count in the truck dwindled down to a few, I would count off, "ten more, nine more, eight more....." and when the filler was the only one left, I would pitch it at one guy who was on the ground and watch him scramble like h--- to catch it before it fell.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You gotta have a little fun, or life is just boring...:laughing:..