Full Boar SD2200i

Mad_mat222

Threads
Greetings,
Trying to repair the above machine which is possibly a rebranded Powermate generator.

Issue: wont start
Symptoms: Fuel to and in the carb. Has spark. Will run if fuel is poured into throttle body.
Diagnosis: Carb blockage.

I have not stripped the carb at this point as wanting feedback. It has a throttle controlled by a solenoid but throttle position has no effect. Choke made no difference. Its definitely not getting fuel out the jet.

Requesting suggestions or experience in case i am missing something. Has anyone repaired one of these before? Any suggestions on an alternate carb?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never heard of that brand, but from what you posted I would agree that you have a carb problem. Recommend you remove the carb and give it a good cleaning. Remember that with these f brand units parts may be hard to come by, so be careful you don’t damage any parts when disassembling it.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is probably one of the inverter generators made in asia and sold under many brand names. You probably won't find a parts list but if your googlefoo powers are good enough you can probably find a $30 carb that looks exactly like the one on the genny and it will work. I have had to do this a few times.
Did someone leave fuel in a generator and forget about it? Never seen that before. LOL.

Mad_mat222

Threads
Does leaving fuel in the tank actually damage anything or does it just go stale? If stale, it should start with a fresh tank.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is bad practice to leave fuel for a long time in any generator. If it must be stored with fuel in it shut off the fuel at the carb and run the carb dry then fill the tank completyly full with E free fuel if you can get it.