Fuel Treatment

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just read on B&S website where they are advertising & selling Stabil Fuel Treatment instead of B&S Fuel Treatment. After reading JD Tech's post I am truly disappointed in B&S's choice of Fuel Treatment. Who knows, maybe Stabil makes B&S Fuel Treatment. I believe the JD Tech of 21 years & purchase Star Tron from now on. I purchased a Simplicity Broadmoor new July 30, 2010 with a 20 h.p. Vanguard twin & now has 438 hrs. on meter. Simplicity Legacy, top of line, only offers B&S Vanguard Engine now. B&S owns Simplicity & other manufacturers. I believe B&S Engines may be mass produced in China now, I'm probably wrong. I pray all manufacturing jobs return to U.S.A., ASAP.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Briggs stabilizer is probably made by Stabil. Guessing someone makes it for them.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Around here Non ethanol fuel runs a little over $4 a gallon at the lake, as that is the only place that sells it near me... There used to be a motor cycle shop closer to me that sold it, but it shut down. After reading and seeing how well star tron works to me it's worth it,
I can get star tron for $5, and it'll treat 48 gallons one bottle, I'll take $5 per 48 gallons, over non ethanol at $4 per gallon per 5 gallon can fill up.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where is "around here?" Look on https://www.pure-gas.org/ for places that sell non-ethanol gas.

The problem is, you're adding another chemical of unknown composition to cancel out an unwanted contaminant (ethanol). I'd rather just do without the ethanol in the first place, not try to counteract it with other junk.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
cpurvis,
If you look in small gas engine manuals, they recommend ethanol gas minimum octane as do vehicles. They do not suggest using non-ethanol gas, this has been going on for many years now. Same goes for engine oil, my B&S Vanguard manual recommends using full Synthetic 5w-30, whereas most folks that do their own maintenance use least expensive conventional oil. In fact I believe most folks do not read their owner/operators manual regardless of dollars spent on new machine. Ethanol free gas is great to use in older hot rods, trucks, etc.

qmark

Threads
I would think you only need a fuel treatment for long term storage, such as overwinter. Other than that why feed the mechanic in a can..

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
E free is not easy to get around here so i just take my 6 five gallon cans with me to Sams club and get 30 gallons of regular E10. I use it in everything. 36HP Ferris to hopped up chainsaws and everthing in between. I don't use fuel stabilizer anymore. I try not to overthink it.

seattlepioneer

Threads
No surprise really.

The government got into the business of controlling products to prevent them from being "adulterated."

These days government power is used to REQUIRE that products be adulterated.