Fuel solenoid wire

minkman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am fixing a Craftsman YS4500 model number 917. 276600 that caught on fire. Most of the damage was to the plastic covers and blower. The engine is a 22HP B&S intek model 407777 type 0607 E2 code 050812YG. I am replacing the Carburetor because the choke lever melted off and I got a good deal on a used one. My problem is that the connector on the wire that connects to the fuel solenoid on the Carburetor has melted as well as the insulation on the wires. I have been unable to find a part number for this wire so I can replace it as well. The Carburetor part number is 699807. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Threads
You can replace that part with a regular bowl nut/bolt ........... All you have to do is idle your engine down for about 10 seconds and kill it...........

let us know Mon Ami .........

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just add a bit of wire the same gauge and a single connector.

minkman

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can replace that part with a regular bowl nut/bolt ........... All you have to do is idle your engine down for about 10 seconds and kill it...........

let us know Mon Ami .........

The existing connectors are melted so basically I will just have two wires hanging there. If I replace the solenoid with a regular bowl nut/bolt would I need to tie the 2 wires together to get the engine to run?
Thanks

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
NO !!! .. one is HOT when key is in ON position .. other is a "ground" wire = dead short !

Luffydog

Threads
I would get the wiring harness for about $30.00 and do the job right all the wiring that you leave behind will prob. cause problems and later bite you right where it's gonna hurt the most your back pocket. So $30.00 now or hundreds later.

Threads
Mink man were you a trapper at one time ??? I was till the fur prices went from 40 to 50 bux for a bull mink then to 10 bux ..........

Any way just cut the 2 wires at the insulation and put a butt splicer on each one, then fill each end with silicon or something so you don't have a problem down the road........

Your engine will run fine without the solenoid on the carb.............

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

minkman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would get the wiring harness for about $30.00 and do the job right all the wiring that you leave behind will prob. cause problems and later bite you right where it's gonna hurt the most your back pocket. So $30.00 now or hundreds later.

I would if I knew which one it was. I don't like leaving loose wires if possible