fuel lines for weed eaters.

Hubba

Threads
Folk I have two weed eaters (Craftsman) that I need fuel lines for, One is model # 316.715860 the other is # 316.711971. I have spent most of the day trying to find these. Could you please tell me where to order these from. Also, I have been trying to find the good ones, If anyone knows the name of them would you please tell me so that I won't be a bother. thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Without seeing the actual trimmer it is hard to know which lines they used size wise. It one one the reasons I keep bulk Tygon F-4040 fuel lines (several sizes) in stock along a couple sizes of Echo fuel line. Here in my shop I just match up lines as need.

What I recommend is just go to the local repair shop and they should be able match up your lines; otherwise, Craftsman (MTD version here) will just you a tank with the lines.

They could have use Tygon LP-1200 lines which I usually just replace with the F-4040 versions. Personally I don't like the LP-1200 lines as the inner liner like to collapse.

There is also a lot of clones of the Tygon which doesn't match the Tygon specs.

And those reading this I have tried the Stens Tru Blue lines and they are not what they say they are. Actually performed under test conditions in my shop. Glad I only brought one box as I just threw it in File 13.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Double ditto on what Star said
THe postage on the precut lengths will be more than the price of having a mower shop cut you some off a roll.
And further to that it will be genuine Tygon and not "fuel line in popular yellow colour "

Hubba

Threads
Thanks guys, I found out that Tygon is what my locale saw shop uses.