Fuel line

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the best gasoline fuel line you guys are running, and why?

I get real gasoline rated, fuel injection hose at Autozone. Last about a year in a push mower till it gets hard and compromised. Stuff isn't cheap either thanks to Joe and the Biden Cartel.

Another version I've ran is plain old clear vinyl hose you get at the hardware store. NOT gasoline rated at all. Think it's vinyl. Same as aquarium air hose I think. Anyway that stuff lasts for years and no leaks.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the best gasoline fuel line you guy are running, and why?

I get real gasoline rated, fuel injection hose at Autozone. Last about a year in a push mower till it gets hard and compromised. Stuff isn't cheap either thanks to Joe and the Biden Cartel.

Another version I've ran is plain old clear vinyl hose you get at the hardware store. NOT gasoline rated at all. Think it's vinyl. Same as aquarium air hose I think. Anyway that stuff lasts for years and no leaks.
Look it is the greed of corporate of American and not the President. Besides he has 535 bosses in Congress that can't even decide which screw they are going to screw the American public with. It is like a bunch of kids fighting over a cookie and no one gets anywhere. Until the American voter comes to their senses and vote for representatives that actually will do their job and not just out for themselves while lying to the voters we are not going to get anywhere fast other than going down the toilet. (IE going to heck in a hand basket)

As for the fuel line I am currently using HBD Industries 25060 Thermoid NBR/PVC SAE30R7 Fuel Line Hose. But most auto parts will sell you the cheapest things they can get from China.

And that clear hose will also get hard and has to replaced every so often. Matter of fact I got replace the drain lines on my USC now because the hose is rock hard.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On two cycle engines I use Tygon fuel line and on four cycle engines I use Rotary. I place the blame on myself, because I’m not smart enough to invent a better anything, so I must rely on others.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i just buy good ol fashioned SAE rated rubber in lengths from the part store....1/4"..
I use tygon from Stens for 2 strokes.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
i just buy good ol fashioned SAE rated rubber in lengths from the part store....1/4"..
I use tygon from Stens for 2 strokes.
Just don't fall for that the Stens True Blue fuel line is 100 % ethanol resistance, doesn't hardern, or doesn't shrink. I ran a month submerged test and it both harden and shrunk. I went back to F-4040 Tygon line and Echo rubber fuel lines.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Just don't fall for that the Stens True Blue fuel line is 100 % ethanol resistance, doesn't hardern, or doesn't shrink. I ran a month submerged test and it both harden and shrunk. I went back to F-4040 Tygon line and Echo rubber fuel lines.
i don't think i use the true blue, of course it's probably the same thing

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
For 1/4" line for mowers i use Stens. For 2 strokes Tygon and Echo lines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
i don't think i use the true blue, of course it's probably the same thing
No it not the same as is a Clear Blue line.

Stens 115-520

So far the Tygon line have been standing up good except for one time years ago. On personal saw I installed new Tygon lines and a week they were falling to pieces. I redid the saw with the very line and fuel mix and it didn't happen again. I have no idea what cause the line to fall apart. Good that I have multiple saws as I was needing to do some storm up that weekend.

Of course I just had a tube of Permatex Ultra Grey RTV that would not setup last week. Never had that problem before. Cleaned up the mess and reapplied some new Permatex Ultra Black and it worked as usual.

Leave it to me to have odd problems.