Fuel guage erratic - 2019 Fastrak SDX with 15.3 hours

breagler

Threads
  • / Fuel guage erratic - 2019 Fastrak SDX with 15.3 hours
The fuel gauge was working fine for the first 5 hours of use, it became erratic and would read normally once the mower moved around a bit. Now it shows empty with a full tank. Apparently this is nothing new to Hustler mowers from what I can see on most of the web sites. The dealer will pickup the mower tomorrow. My question is this, does the replacement sending unit or gauge fix this issue or will it come back once again? From what I see on other forums is this issue will return days or weeks later.

Stay safe out there!!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Possibly so, my question to you is do you wash mower with water after mowing?

breagler

Threads
I don't use water unless it is necessary and it hasn't been necessary so far. If I wash any mower it is completely dry before I park it.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I certainly hope not, may be loose connection or sending unit itself. Hopefully Quality Control can step up & locate the problem. Keep us informed breagler, thanks, Mark

breagler

Threads
I certainly hope not, may be loose connection or sending unit itself. Hopefully Quality Control can step up & locate the problem. Keep us informed breagler, thanks, Mark
Will do, they picked it up on Friday as we should know something early this coming week.
Glenn

Mr. Mower

Threads

breagler

Threads
Update, my local dealer ordered and replaced the fuel sending unit yesterday. So far it does not act erratic and operates as it should. Lets hope it stays that way!!
Cheers,
Glenn