Fuel disappears

Mitch3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is insane but I will ask anyways. When I leave my XT1 mower sit for a few days or week the fuel tank goes empty. I check under the "hood" and under the mower for leaks but don't find any trace of fuel on the ground. Last fall I filled the gas tank and put it to bed for the winter in the shed. Yesterday I went out, uncovered it and cranked the engine. Battery had plenty of charge but no start. Checked the fuel tank and sure enough it was empty. Checked under the mower, no signs of wet fuel or stains on the shed floor. I don't find any broken or loose lines. I even checked the oil to see if there was any fuel in the oil tank. Other than telling me I'm crazy does anyone have any thoughts ????????

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect that you have a leak but it isn't draining fast enough to leave a puddle. Just had a customer experience the same thing on their Craftsman Z-turn and a mouse had eaten a hole in the fuel filter.

Mitch3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh the joys of country living. If it ever warms up a little more and the winds stop blowing I'll bring it out into the sunlight and do a good look around. My old mower didn't take much looking as a woodchuck or something ate the entire top and side of the tank. Thanks for this information (and not calling me crazy).

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oil should be checked prior to each use.. That's how I was raised anyhow..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ive seen it happen. Full tank when finished mowing. Next mow the tank is dry. Was lack of 2 fuel line clamps at the fuel filter. No fuel on the ground nor deck.