FS90R, add saw blade?

joea99

Threads
I have a straight shaft FS90R with a standard string and poly blade heads. Loop handle only. Have to clear a lot of brush, thick woody growth and 2-3 inch trees. Slow going with an 012av and those heads.

Wanted to add a chisel tooth blade or an oregon (type) blade with chain saw teeth. Going slowly so to hopefully not damage myself.

Is there a special attachment to use these blades? Info I have found is not clear to me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes, Contact your local Stihl for the necessary conversion parts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will find it difficult to control without the bull horn bars once you fit a solid blade.
I have tried it on a few trimers but ended up setting up the Shindiawa for the solid blade as it has the best damping .
Solid bades give a lot more kick back than line does and also send a lot more vibrations back up the tube.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an FS80 that vame with a regular D loop handle. Stihl does not recommend using a blade on a machine without a J handle or bike handlebars. I can attest to why. With a blade you need the bike bars to control it. I tried using the loop handle with a blade and it was dangerous. I wound up getting a piece of 1" conduit and bending into a J and mounting it on the trimmer shaft. That was 20 years ago. You run the trimmer at full speed using a blade. Actually safer that way and match the blade type to what you are cutting.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is what I use on my FS90r with the loop handle for brush and small trees,

the sawhead just slips right on the shaft.

knife.jpgsawattach.jpg