FS200 brushcutter runs for 10 minutes

ians

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
I am scratching my head about this strange problem. My FS200 which I have owned for about 25 years and have used for moderate domestic use over this time, starts fine and runs well for about 10-15 minutes before it starts bogging down under throttle and finally dies. Even more strangely it will then start again immediately and run for another couple of minutes before dying.

Let it cool down and come back a few hours later and its a repeat of the above - runs for 15 mins or so then dies.

I initially suspected blocked spark arrestor and installed a new muffler as mine does not appear to have a separately accessible screen - no difference at all. Fuel is newly mixed.
The fact that it runs very well, and well beyond warmup suggests no issues with carb adjustment... I think?

Appreciate any ideas!

Cheers

Bertrrr

Threads
I suspect fuel issue , start at the tank and work down to the carb , make sure the tank is vented and fuel line clear

ians

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks that does make sense. BTW how is the tank supposed to be vented? as far as I can see the cap is not vented and then its only the supply and return fuel lines - or is there a vent somewhere else?

Bertrrr

Threads
The cap is usually vented , you can just loosen it up and try and see if it makes a difference

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To me it sound more like an ignition coil problem so check for spark when it stops working.

Otherwise the info of the tank vent.
1715773061167.png