FS 90R - Cord hard to pull.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
$ 50 AUS
The pulleys can be bought from China for $ 5,00 but I get mine from a wholesaler in order to get better parts with warranty
And that price included a new rope.
IT was a 5 minute fix once i found the problem.

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you adjusted the valves yet?

Shawn R.

Threads
Do that before spending any money. Very easy to do.

Ok. We tried adjusting the valves but it didn't help at all. I finally had enough of it and took it to a repair shop. They replaced the carburetor, spark plug, air filter, and primer bulb and now this thing is running like it's new. All those parts it needed because I never replaced those. They charged $107. The cord pulls very easily now.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Must have been a carb flooding thing.
The valve adjustment should be done every now and then.

Shawn R.

Threads
Well, that didn't last too long. I am catching hell cranking it up now. The cord will pull out but it won't crank up unless I pull on it like 10-20 times. I prime it up about 3-4 times and then try to crank it. Why is it so hard now? Is it the fuel? I am using TruFuel 40:1. Should I switch to 50:1?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a 4mix engine. If the valve cover or the crankcase is not sealed it will be hard to start. The valve cover is part of the crankcase primary compression. Double check all the crankcase bolts are tight and that the valve cover is sealed. Look for telltale oil leaking at crankcase seams and the valve cover. Would not hurt to check the valve lash and replace the spark plug.

Shawn R.

Threads
Ok. I'll check all of that out tomorrow. I had this in the shop and they pretty much replaced everything except for the fuel filter. It cranked just fine the first couple of days though. Strange this is happening now.

Shawn R.

Threads
I took the cover off and took out the spark plug. I wiped it off and put it back in. This seems to have fixed the issue. Very strange indeed.