FS 240

de3

Threads
Looking to change over my new FS 240 With handle bars to a loop handle setup.....does anyone know where I can find part numbers,I believe I'll need the loop handle,shorter throttle cable and the trigger assembly,I'm not sure if my trigger assembly on my handle bars will work.......

dfbrown

Threads
Looking to change over my new FS 240 With handle bars to a loop handle setup.....does anyone know where I can find part numbers,I believe I'll need the loop handle,shorter throttle cable and the trigger assembly,I'm not sure if my trigger assembly on my handle bars will work.......
You really have to go to a stihl dealer and go on the parts IPL and nit pick the parts as stihl does NOT sell parts online like other companies do. They want you to buy from a authorized dealer for everything. I have both 240 and 240r. Keep in mind the rpm and gear boxes on these are different. R model revs to 10,500rpm but at thr head is 7,930 rpm. The bike handle version is 12,500rpm and spins at the gearbox at 9,360. Gear ratios in the head are different I believe and I’m sure the ignition coils are different. Everything you wanna do should bolt up I would think but double check everything before you buy parts. Also keep in mind the R models shaft is a little longer then the bike handle style. Also you can use every style of knife blade or chisel blade or brush knife on a bike handle version but not necessarily on the R version. Look up the owners manual.
Let me know how it works out.

Reactions: de3

de3

Threads
You really have to go to a stihl dealer and go on the parts IPL and nit pick the parts as stihl does NOT sell parts online like other companies do. They want you to buy from a authorized dealer for everything. I have both 240 and 240r. Keep in mind the rpm and gear boxes on these are different. R model revs to 10,500rpm but at thr head is 7,930 rpm. The bike handle version is 12,500rpm and spins at the gearbox at 9,360. Gear ratios in the head are different I believe and I’m sure the ignition coils are different. Everything you wanna do should bolt up I would think but double check everything before you buy parts. Also keep in mind the R models shaft is a little longer then the bike handle style. Also you can use every style of knife blade or chisel blade or brush knife on a bike handle version but not necessarily on the R version. Look up the owners manual.
Let me know how it works out.
Thanks buddy,I'm going to stick with my bars,they're several places i weed eat that i do like the bars better,and I also have a husky 535 commercial loop handle with the darwins grip,

dfbrown

Threads
Thanks buddy,I'm going to stick with my bars,they're several places i weed eat that i do like the bars better,and I also have a husky 535 commercial loop handle with the darwins grip,
I think sticking with the fs240 bike handle with the bars is the best situation for you. Those machines are monsters. Btw I am actually dying to try a husky 535ls because it’s lighter and close to power of 240 or more like the old stihl fs250. How do you like it I’m very curious to try or buy one. Light weight, powerful and anti vibration seems good from what I hear. What is the power level like to a 240. if you can give me the pros and cons of thr 535ls. Thanks

de3

Threads
I think sticking with the fs240 bike handle with the bars is the best situation for you. Those machines are monsters. Btw I am actually dying to try a husky 535ls because it’s lighter and close to power of 240 or more like the old stihl fs250. How do you like it I’m very curious to try or buy one. Light weight, powerful and anti vibration seems good from what I hear. What is the power level like to a 240. if you can give me the pros and cons of thr 535ls. Thanks
Hey buddy,I love my 535,its going on 5 years now,I think it has better low end power,but the 240 is probably just a little smoother running at higher rpms....I also have a 525 commercial,its a nice trimmer also, and light weight.....I average around 35 to 40 gallons of premix between my chain saws, blower, and my 3 weed eaters a year.....

dfbrown

Threads
Hey buddy,I love my 535,its going on 5 years now,I think it has better low end power,but the 240 is probably just a little smoother running at higher rpms....I also have a 525 commercial,its a nice trimmer also, and light weight.....I average around 35 to 40 gallons of premix between my chain saws, blower, and my 3 weed eaters a year.....
I would like to try the 525ls and 535ls. Nice stuff. I have 94r and 111rx both good in there own ways just different from each other. I believe the 525ls has more power then 94r and very smooth and not cold blooded on start up like 94r. I have all stihl and Honda stuff I like some husky stuff but never tried it. My buddy switched from echo to husky and is very happy. Only thing is around here stihl is king because good dealers everywhere and not much support for husky stuff. I have been on the fence for months to buy a 525ls and see if I like it. Spring soon I just may.

de3

Threads
I would like to try the 525ls and 535ls. Nice stuff. I have 94r and 111rx both good in there own ways just different from each other. I believe the 525ls has more power then 94r and very smooth and not cold blooded on start up like 94r. I have all stihl and Honda stuff I like some husky stuff but never tried it. My buddy switched from echo to husky and is very happy. Only thing is around here stihl is king because good dealers everywhere and not much support for husky stuff. I have been on the fence for months to buy a 525ls and see if I like it. Spring soon I just may.

de3

Threads
Yep same here all honda, husky, and stihl for me,same here,we only have a couple of husky dealers

scottishram

Forum Newbie
Threads
Right, I'm not going to hide my embarassment and hide a schoolboy error. I've just removed the brushcutter blade from my machine and in doing so removed the washer/plate that should remain before screwing the strimmer head on. Ive then done exactly that - screwed on the strimmer head. It doesnt rotate becasue of the missing plate that I assume has the connecting cog. I cant remove it as there is no connection for the locking pin without the plate there. Any suggestions to how I resolve my idiotic error?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Remove the gear head assy. Then you can insert a section of square key stock the to hold the gears. Must hold the key stock to keep it from turning while you attempt to remove the trimmer head. Vise Grips are your friend here.

And it is nothing to embrass about we all make mistakes. It is the not owning up to them is what gets us in trouble.