front wheel

motime

Threads
replaced both front spindles last season. bought new bearings to replace "bushings" but cannot get a flat washer on, just the E clip, not enough space. pulled a front wheel this week to replace tire and noticed edge of bearing wearing away, replaced it. I'm on my 3rd new front wheel and figure I'll be getting another one this season, if not 2. can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. bought this mower when we bought the house about 6 years ago. I think the 145 is about 10-11 years old. thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Machine about 1/8" off the outer edge of the hub.
Also check the bearing it must have the inner race proud of the outer race, some flanged bearing are not made like this.
When refurbishing these wheels I gave up on the JD bearings and fit Toro roller bearings from the front casters of the ZTR's.
These will block off the grease hole so they have to come off every second season or so and be packed with fresh grease.
I like to use marine grease ( blue ) or farm grease ( red ) as both of these handle water better than wheel earing grease

motime

Threads
Machine about 1/8" off the outer edge of the hub.
Also check the bearing it must have the inner race proud of the outer race, some flanged bearing are not made like this.
When refurbishing these wheels I gave up on the JD bearings and fit Toro roller bearings from the front casters of the ZTR's.
These will block off the grease hole so they have to come off every second season or so and be packed with fresh grease.
I like to use marine grease ( blue ) or farm grease ( red ) as both of these handle water better than wheel earing grease