Frame Cracks (MZ Magnum)

KenMac54

Forum Newbie
Threads
Might need to check the front and rear support brackets as well I have seen then crack as well.
Thank You for all the info -- I did look at the brackets for the BD mower does not look like what I have on my Bad boy mower -- looks like I'm going to fabricate my own brackets the mower is 10years old but still in working order accept for this problem this is the 2nd time it broke dealer performed a Sh-- job on tring to weld -- going back with thicker steel

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thought maybe you could cut the old bracket off and bolt these on in their place.

lugbolt

Threads
bad boy bends the frames mostly in one piece. No transmission brackets are bolted on. So to use those BD brackets you will have to cut the frame off. Lot of work getting everything lined back up. Linkages shouldn't too much issue, but getting the proper pulley alignment might be. On Hustler, the holes are already in the frame for the brackets so you just remove the old broken ones and install the new ones using the holes that already exist-no drilling, cutting anything.

If you call Bad Boy they might have something for you. They do have some things that are not listed in parts books but you gotta call them. Good folks. They're real country though, so if you aren't familiar with that dialect, you might be in for a surprise. I got to spend some time out there at their factory (all of them actually) and met some great folks. I remember one in particular, older gentleman named "dave", smart as a whip, but kinda hard to foller with his strong southern accent.