FR730V governor sticking

txmowman

Threads
Unless the engine was apart before and not reassembled correctly, there really is nothing to get stuck. And on this engine, it would be difficult to mess up unless one is really not paying attention.

Eggbert

Threads
Since my last post, I did a little more inspection and I found........... OK, once I type this feel free to call me an idiot.... The carb throttle shaft does appear to be tight and not easy to move. I'll look into this more tomorrow.

You know, I even had the carb apart this summer, cleaned it and never noticed it. Maybe it seized up a bit sitting and not being used for the last month.... but I suspect not.

Anyway, embarassing as thist is, I will come back and finalize this thread once I have confirmed things and all is working again.

ps: Yes, I can't see any part of that governor sticking except for damage... which I didn't find. A lot of needless work, but oh well; it needed an oil change anyway.

txmowman

Threads
Since my last post, I did a little more inspection and I found........... OK, once I type this feel free to call me an idiot.... The carb throttle shaft does appear to be tight and not easy to move. I'll look into this more tomorrow.

You know, I even had the carb apart this summer, cleaned it and never noticed it. Maybe it seized up a bit sitting and not being used for the last month.... but I suspect not.

Anyway, embarassing as thist is, I will come back and finalize this thread once I have confirmed things and all is working again.

ps: Yes, I can't see any part of that governor sticking except for damage... which I didn't find. A lot of needless work, but oh well; it needed an oil change anyway.
At least you are making the attempt and learning, give yourself credit for that.

Bigem1951

Forum Newbie
Threads
Glad you got it freed and working. Nothing ventured nothing gained. The simple things are sometimes difficult to understand. Thank you for the updates and have a super Friday,

Eggbert

Threads
I didn't do too badly. Just under 3 hours from driving into my garage and finally having the governor mechanism apart. Two slowdowns. The governor arm is a two piece affair (main part plus an extension) and the single screw holding the parts together is a left-hand thread. The other time waster wasa removing those press-in plastic rivets that hold the side covers on. Why they would use those, especially on the left-hand side where it has to be removed frequently for oil changes, seems rather frugal for a Husqvarna machine..

Eggbert

Threads
All back together and it works fine. Since the deck is off, I think I'll install the new spindles I bought a while back. Thanks to all who responded.