Fr691v Carb Choke valve stiff

h.p

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a hard time starting my lawnmower and it would start but sporadically. I discovered that the choke valve lever on the carburetor was stiff, it moves but not easily. The valve moves but not easily. When I pull the choke it lifts the lever and closes the valve but when the choke is pusbed back down, the lever at the carburetor does not move and the choke stays close. The spring is not steong enough to pull the lever back. I pulled apart the carb to verify that in fact the choke valve is stiff and does not easily move. I tried cleaning it and spraying it with carb cleaner a lot. Initially it loosens a bit but eventually it gets hard to move. Can I replace the choke valve and lever/rod? Or is this a new carburetor kind of problem? I can't find instructions online so I am not sure if this is something I can do by just simply forcing the choke rod out and it all comes out "easy" or I have to start looking for a new carburetor.

Thank you

Bertrrr

Threads
Carb cleaner does not have the lubricant to loosen it up, clean it up then use something like WD 40 and work it till it frees up and make sue it's not bent also

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have had a hard time starting my lawnmower and it would start but sporadically. I discovered that the choke valve lever on the carburetor was stiff, it moves but not easily. The valve moves but not easily. When I pull the choke it lifts the lever and closes the valve but when the choke is pusbed back down, the lever at the carburetor does not move and the choke stays close. The spring is not steong enough to pull the lever back. I pulled apart the carb to verify that in fact the choke valve is stiff and does not easily move. I tried cleaning it and spraying it with carb cleaner a lot. Initially it loosens a bit but eventually it gets hard to move. Can I replace the choke valve and lever/rod? Or is this a new carburetor kind of problem? I can't find instructions online so I am not sure if this is something I can do by just simply forcing the choke rod out and it all comes out "easy" or I have to start looking for a new carburetor.

Thank you
I have learned this trick from online and it works. Remove choke butterfly and shaft. Take some sandpaper and carefully remove some material from plastic choke shaft until it moves freely. Will need to remove and install and sand until it is right. Of course only do this if lubricants don’t work. Works like a charm and no come backs.