FR600V carb ?

bluecoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum, first question, thanks in advance....

Have a Scag Liberty Z, Kawasaki FR600V engine. 98 hours, 2 years old. Turns over but won't start; new plugs, fuel filter, air cleaner. Disconnected fuel line at carb, fuel pumping when attempting to start. Only time it will start is when fuel is poured in the carb. Runs fine until turning off, won't start except with more gas down carb. When it is running can feel air pushing out of pinhole in carb wall from hose going back to gas tank, so no gas tank venting issues. Any help would be appreciated!!

txmowman

Threads
Assuming it is electric start, is there power to the solenoid on the bottom for the fuel bowl? Can you hear or feel it click? Not sure what you are referring to with the comment about the air out a pinhole in the carburetor. There is no line going back to the tank from the carburetor.

bluecoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes electric start, the air line runs parallel to the fuel line and “plugs” into carb above fuel line. Not sure how to check solenoid, will I need some sort of meter?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
No you should be able to hear the solenoid click when you turn the key on. I like to feel the solenoid and listen for it to click.

bluecoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will check solenoid tomorrow, choke okay. Thanks for the quick response.

txmowman

Threads
Is the engine FR600V_S15? ( the _ being A, B, etc) Has the carburetor been replaced? There is no such line above the fuel line on an OE carburetor. I’d like to see a picture.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the engine FR600V_S15? ( the _ being A, B, etc) Has the carburetor been replaced? There is no such line above the fuel line on an OE carburetor. I’d like to see a picture.
I think he is referring to the emissions vapor recovery line from the air filter manifold to the fuel tank rollover valve. And I know the OP said the choke was fine, but still sounds like a choke issue. Need to make sure the choke is closing all the way. Only takes a small amount out of adjustment to make hard to start or no start when cold.

txmowman

Threads
I think he is referring to the emissions vapor recovery line from the air filter manifold to the fuel tank rollover valve. And I know the OP said the choke was fine, but still sounds like a choke issue. Need to make sure the choke is closing all the way. Only takes a small amount out of adjustment to make hard to start or no start when cold.
You’re likely correct. Line is not on the carb of course, but someone could make that mistake.