FMA

RatRacer

Threads
New RTZ S 50
Seems hard to steer

Welcome FMA.

With that style of steering, there is a lot more going on underneath that machine compared to a sticked version. The "1" wheel has both trans-axles connected to it, so when you are turning, one is pushing, and the other is pulling the individual units simultaneously.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome FMA.

With that style of steering, there is a lot more going on underneath that machine compared to a sticked version. The "1" wheel has both trans-axles connected to it, so when you are turning, one is pushing, and the other is pulling the individual units simultaneously.

RatRacer,
Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the RZT "S Steering" mowers have the EZT trannies, whereas the "Commercial Cub S Steering" mowers have the ZT-3100 trannies. That could make a huge difference too couldn't it??

RatRacer

Threads
RatRacer,
Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the RZT "S Steering" mowers have the EZT trannies, whereas the "Commercial Cub S Steering" mowers have the ZT-3100 trannies. That could make a huge difference too couldn't it??

It might. EZT has a 10cc pump, ZT-3100 has a 16cc pump. But EZT equipped units aren't designed for land speed record challenges either. My test rides of the EZT equipped ZFS 48 seemed about the same as my ex ZT-3100 Big Dog did, so speed my have the same effect on steering as it did with manual vs power steering cars did. (oops, I dated myself)