Flywheel Nut Stuck but Flywheel Spins

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
But but but, you didn't spend 10 minutes showing us your animals, give a weather report or any safety tips. LoL
I am pretty much clueless on I phones, I was just happy to get a video that wasn't rotated 90 degrees on its side!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
About what i do. If my stihl flywheeel puller doesn't fit i thread the nut back on, dangle the saw by the hoop handle and give it a whack with a brass hammer.
Ever heard of flywheel knockers? I had several made for my two cycle work as I run into different threads. I just screw them on until they bottom out and back off one turn. Then a good smack of my two pound brass hammer they usuallly jar of the taper shaft. For most the walk behind and larger mower engines I use a harmonic balancer puller.. Tighten up the forcing screw and smack the forcing screw with the brass hammer.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am pretty much clueless on I phones, I was just happy to get a video that wasn't rotated 90 degrees on its side!!
I don't even have a cell phone anymore as the service here is so crappy that take one step and you lose the service.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ever heard of flywheel knockers? I had several made for my two cycle work as I run into different threads. I just screw them on until they bottom out and back off one turn. Then a good smack of my two pound brass hammer they usuallly jar of the taper shaft. For most the walk behind and larger mower engines I use a harmonic balancer puller.. Tighten up the forcing screw and smack the forcing screw with the brass hammer.
Yeah i have a bunch of the briggs knockers and smaller chainsaw knockers but usually just a rap with my small brass hammer and that works. On most bigger engines if i can get just a couple thousandths play i can pop it with a brass hammer. If no play i use a flywheel puller.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Understand just rapping with the brass hammer but you can still mushroom the crankshaft end sometimes which is why I use those knocker or puller here; which ever is appropriate.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The don't call me hammer mechanic for nothing you know?
If you can't fix it with ketchup or duck tape you need a hammer.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have always been a big fan of knockers!