Flywheel Nut Stuck but Flywheel Spins

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the blade is on you can just block it from turning and usually loosen the flywheel nut. Curious why and what you plan to drill to remove flywheel.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That dude was stressing me out in the video. He really sprayed the pen lube, lol. On camera he didn't even get it where it needs to be. Has more tools than common sense.

slomo
The dude in the video is giving hammer mechanics a bad name. I love it when he pulls a new never used flywheel puller out if the box and acts like he has used it before. Then says "not sure what a diode does" and didn't use a meter to test the stator coil. Electricity may not be his best skillset, but it was entertaining.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I gave up on watching youtube videos as usually I couldn't believe how dumb and dangerous some of them where. Matter of fact I got youtube blocked on this end.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
That dude was stressing me out in the video. He really sprayed the pen lube, lol. On camera he didn't even get it where it needs to be. Has more tools than common sense.

slomo
I really didn't watch it. I just scrolled through it to see how he got the bolt/nut loose.
I just zip it off with an impact wrench, but have done the "whacking the ratchet" technique before.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like the videos of the guys taking a half hour to remove a chainsaw flywheel or clutch off of a chainsaw.
Here is one I filmed a while back to show how easy it can be. It was my first attempt at making videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhcXVMZKt4
About what i do. If my stihl flywheeel puller doesn't fit i thread the nut back on, dangle the saw by the hoop handle and give it a whack with a brass hammer.

Matt06

Forum Newbie
Threads
@Fish
I am trying to remove the flywheel because I believe my engine won’t run. I think I have a broken flywheel key.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like the videos of the guys taking a half hour to remove a chainsaw flywheel or clutch off of a chainsaw.
Here is one I filmed a while back to show how easy it can be. It was my first attempt at making videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhcXVMZKt4

But but but, you didn't spend 10 minutes showing us your animals, give a weather report or any safety tips. LoL