flyers on mailbox post

lawnguy1

Threads
Up until last year I would distribute flyers by attaching them to mailbox post.. honestly had no idea i wasn't suppose to. I was under impression the flyer just couldn't be touching actual mailbox. Mailman stopped me and told me I could no longer attach flyer to box post.. this has made the process more complicated. Now what I'm doing is spending way too much on brochures that advertise my website and putting them in doorhangers, then walking door to door to drop them off.. anyone still doing mailbox flyers?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The mailbox actually belongs to the USPS and is only to be used by them and the resident.

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/gg97085.pdf

Charles

Old Goat,
Someone needs to tell Lowes to bill the USPS for the mailbox they sold me when I had a Centurion stone mailbox "post" made to match the decorative manufactured stone I had the front porch and chimney covered with last summer. Seems like if I "bought it", I should "own it":0(

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Up until last year I would distribute flyers by attaching them to mailbox post.. honestly had no idea i wasn't suppose to. I was under impression the flyer just couldn't be touching actual mailbox. Mailman stopped me and told me I could no longer attach flyer to box post.. this has made the process more complicated. Now what I'm doing is spending way too much on brochures that advertise my website and putting them in doorhangers, then walking door to door to drop them off.. anyone still doing mailbox flyers?

Let ms ask what type of mailbox are you talking about? were you attaching your flyers to an individual box or a cluster box?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Old Goat,
Someone needs to tell Lowes to bill the USPS for the mailbox they sold me when I had a Centurion stone mailbox "post" made to match the decorative manufactured stone I had the front porch and chimney covered with last summer. Seems like if I "bought it", I should "own it":0(

:laughing: The Mailbox is yours and you own it. The only mailboxes the post office owns are there cluster boxes.

okiepc

Threads
Yup, The USPS must be right, they know all the rules & all the answers, that's why they are in the red by BILLIONS of $$$$$$ :shocked:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, only the individual mailboxes

If you ate attaching flyers to the individual mail box post you are fine as long as you are not attaching anything to the mailbox itself. Although the mailbox is installed for USPS specific use, The post office doesn't own yours or anyone's Mail box or post.

lawnguy1

Threads
Ric, yeah I didn't think so. I mean for years I've done it. In retrospect, the Mailman did seem like a know-it-all. Maybe he just wanted to throw his weight around ha

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, yeah I didn't think so. I mean for years I've done it. In retrospect, the Mailman did seem like a know-it-all. Maybe he just wanted to throw his weight around ha

Was your mail late that day or maybe it was on a Monday :smile: cause that generally is there bad day. They get loaded up after the weekend delivery, or after a holiday is when the carriers get slammed.