Flange bearing

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone every tried using a real bearing instead of these? I'm not even sure why they call these bearings.

Flange Bearing.

Model # LGT2654
S# 960450047

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I change those all the time. There are kits on ebay to change to ball bearings.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads

Yep, I change bushings to bearings also. These are reasonably priced, easy to install, seems to hold up, and better than a bushing any day.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any device that reduces fiction can be called a bearing...Example Grease being called bearing grease. So if you crushed underneath something you would become a bearing until you dried up. Hope it never happens.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

Maybe 30 minutes after I posted this, I found these bearing kits. It should be way better than those bushings they call bearings.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe 30 minutes after I posted this, I found these bearing kits. It should be way better than those bushings they call bearings.
Really depends on the quality of the bearings and if the rim where the ball bearings would go has not been damaged. It sorta like every trying to invent a better mouse trap. In this case these ball bearing are for those that are too lazy to grease the spindles every so often with good quality grease.

As for the above bearings you can just get the bearings themselves. Search PN AM127304. Here is a link to enough to do five rims/.

XIKE AM127304 Replacement Bearings

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone every tried using a real bearing instead of these? I'm not even sure why they call these bearings.

Flange Bearing.

Model # LGT2654
S# 960450047
They are called bearings because of the rotation of 1 component on another .
A good example of a bushing is when there is no rotation between 2 components . Example : A saw blade is sometimes required to have a bushing to fit the saw arbor . There is no rotation between the 2 components . It is there to only take up space .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Really depends on the quality of the bearings and if the rim where the ball bearings would go has not been damaged. It sorta like every trying to invent a better mouse trap. In this case these ball bearing are for those that are too lazy to grease the spindles every so often with good quality grease.

As for the above bearings you can just get the bearings themselves. Search PN AM127304. Here is a link to enough to do five rims/.

XIKE AM127304 Replacement Bearings

If the spindle is warn, I can probably weld it up and grind it down, til it fits snug.

I replaced the bushings for bearings in my little garden trailer. All that squeaking was driving me crazy. No grease fittings, so it was kind of a pain to grease it. Now I may never have to grease it. Sealed bearings on a trailer that might get used once a month.

I guess mower manufactures wanted to save a few cents and didn't use roller bearings.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, I change bushings to bearings also. These are reasonably priced, easy to install, seems to hold up, and better than a bushing any day.

Well, apparently this Husqvarna has two different ID's on each side of the rim. So only one bearing fits. The inside. The outside of the wheels ID, is about 1 1/4. I can't find .75 X 1.25 bearings anywhere.
Everyone and their dog has 1 3/8ths ID.

Update. Scratch all that. Those other bushing/bearings were so coated, I didn't even realize they were in there. Had to use the air hammer to get'm out. But the deal is done. Bearings inside and out. She's tight as a drum now.

Last edited: