First Toro tractor I've ever worked on. What is it?

Gordonfan24

Threads
Would someone mind verifying that this is an 269-H Wheelhorse?

gfp55

Threads
Maybe you could post some pictures of your tractor to help ID it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
model/serial comes back from the toro parts lookup as a 1996 269-H.

gfp55

Threads
Does it look like this one?

toro001.jpg

Gordonfan24

Threads
Does it look like this one?

toro001.jpg
That's the culprit alright. Looks to be a 20HP Command (CV20S)20141022_144401.jpgbut yet again I'm faced with someone else's "electrical handy work". Ignition switch must have went bad because whomever did the repair BUTCHERED the stock starter and spark circuits. What's happening is that I have no power to the ignition modules when I turn the switch to 'start' position but when I let off to the 'run' position, I get fire to the ignition modules and it runs just fine. I'm looking for wiring diagrams of the circuits, including relays if possible. Thanks in advance guys.:confused2:

Gordonfan24

Threads
Thank you gfp55, I'll keep this updated.

mistermowerman

Threads
Thank you gfp55, I'll keep this updated.

Hello ,i had a Wheel Horse during the season that had a problem a bit like yours , in the end i traced the problem back to a faulty blade engagement switch that somehow when faulty stops the engine from starting .Gary

gfp55

Threads
Hello ,i had a Wheel Horse during the season that had a problem a bit like yours , in the end i traced the problem back to a faulty blade engagement switch that somehow when faulty stops the engine from starting .Gary

That sounds like a good spot to check also. Thanks for the input, every little bit helps.

Gordonfan24

Threads
1996 Toro Wheelhorse 269-H Ignition modules have no power when switch is in "start"

From what I've seen so far, the wiring has been highly "modified". And I use that term loosely. I have a wiring schematic and I'm going to retrace and replace all the proper wiring. I think what happened was whomever did the repair didn't have or order the correct ignition switch and rigged it to work (somewhat). I'll be working on it tomorrow and I'll hopefully be able to pinpoint the wires he's circumvented or deleted.....stay tuned.