First storm requiring ploughing

monica123

Threads
Today we woke up to the first storm which required ploughing. I was out at 7 am moving vehicles so we could be ploughed out, then had to wait for snow plough so we could move what he left behind. What about you?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Today we woke up to the first storm which required ploughing. ....
What about you?

Nothing yet in South Central Kansas ... YET.
It could stay above 32, I would not mind missing a winter with snow... :smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
Back at it again today :( We got more snow overnight last night and had to shovel out again today. The husband is talking about a snowblower, it may come sooner than later!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today we woke up to the first storm which required ploughing. I was out at 7 am moving vehicles so we could be ploughed out, then had to wait for snow plough so we could move what he left behind. What about you?

Why wait for the plow? Get your own equipment and save $$ in the long run. What would you do if the plow broke down and couldn't get to your place? That is why I have 3 blowers, an ATV with a plow, and my tractor...if one needs repair, and one doesn't start, I still have 3 backups to move snow with...:laughing:

jross

Threads
Back at it again today :( We got more snow overnight last night and had to shovel out again today. The husband is talking about a snowblower, it may come sooner than later!

You will not regret it. We put off buying one for years until last year before any snow came. We bought an Ariens 24 incher ,which for some is a little small, but last year I did the neighbor's 1/4 mile dirt drive with it in less than an hour. One thing. If you have gravel, dirt or rock to do, you want 1 1/4 inches cleaarnce between the scraper and the ground. I was in Lowe's and looked at an electric SnoJoe to use on the deck and didn't get it. We had 40 inches of drift on the 10x12 deck, steps, and around the cars. I finished up the deck today. Guess who is kicking himself?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will not regret it. We put off buying one for years until last year before any snow came. We bought an Ariens 24 incher ,which for some is a little small, but last year I did the neighbor's 1/4 mile dirt drive with it in less than an hour. One thing. If you have gravel, dirt or rock to do, you want 1 1/4 inches cleaarnce between the scraper and the ground. I was in Lowe's and looked at an electric SnoJoe to use on the deck and didn't get it. We had 40 inches of drift on the 10x12 deck, steps, and around the cars. I finished up the deck today. Guess who is kicking himself?

As I tell the spouse every time I buy a new powered toy: "BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT, THAN NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT".....:laughing::laughing:

monica123

Threads
I was talking the snowplough that plows the roads for the town, we are on a back access road and without them ploughing it we do not get anywhere. My dad has a tractor with a snowplough and he ploughs the driveway, but the little stuff doesn't get done with the tractor.