Export thread

Finally! an easier way to tighten spark plugs and drain plugs!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Finally! an easier way to tighten spark plugs and drain plugs!
i want it, but i don't have a use for it..yet.

tom3

tom3

Have to tighten a bunch of spark plugs for $800 for the bare tool. I guess I'll just have to struggle on without it.

StarTech

StarTech

Tom that just pocket change to a fellow like you.

Right now I am debating dropping $1000 on a small Grizzly metal lathe so I can do some knurling in house.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Man i need one of those for carb work. Scrub needs to get one and do a review

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Man i need one of those for carb work. Scrub needs to get one and do a review
No more leaky bowl bolts!

tom3

tom3

If I ever start a watch repair shop.........

upupandaway

upupandaway

Finally!!!! Just what i need to tighten my drain bolt to 2,000 ft-lbs torque!

tom3

tom3

I think that's what WalMart does when they change oil. Seen a couple drain plugs that were actually stretched, really weird.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

A sears auto center cross threaded 15 out of 20 lugs on my mothers car when they put tires on it. Blew me off acted like i was trying to rip them off. Pretty much told me and her to eat s##t and die. I had to change all the lugs on her 84 Buick. Strangely enough i heard someone went crazy with a bottle of super glue one night at the auto center. Suprising number of locks on doors there. Just what i heard.

B

bertsmobile1

A match sick pushed into a lock then broken off will do a similar thing
And it definately was not me sir I don't smoke .

StarTech

StarTech

A sears auto center cross threaded 15 out of 20 lugs on my mothers car when they put tires on it. Blew me off acted like i was trying to rip them off. Pretty much told me and her to eat s##t and die. I had to change all the lugs on her 84 Buick. Strangely enough i heard someone went crazy with a bottle of super glue one night at the auto center. Suprising number of locks on doors there. Just what i heard.
And you didn't have to at least rechase the threads or replace the studs?

B

Born2Mow

I think my dentist uses something similar.