Ferris Hydraulic Tank Leaking

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could do these thanks have a vent that's stopped up and causing pressure build up?

Deadbolt24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had the same problem the seal design that they have is for their production assembly and not for customer satisfaction and where they mounted it on the IS1500 is right over the battery and will destroy it over time, there should be a recall with them footing the bill for a new design fitting on the tank. what size is the bottom hose ID ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
JB Weld is your friend. They make a plastic formula that will fix you right up. Degrease and scuff the area up first.

slomo

Craw_Gator

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just replaced the grommet on mine for the 3rd time. It leaked some oil out overnight! The mower is probably at least 12 years old but only 354 hours on it. The bottom of the tank is so flimsy that any pressure from the hose distorts the fitting. Does anyone know if a new tank is any thicker? I tried zip tying the supply line to help straighten it out without binding but obviously that didn’t work.

Last edited:

Craw_Gator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pictures?
I’ll take a few and post soon as I get home. It seems to be holding now with only a few drops since yesterday. I ran it for 15 minutes to get the fluid heated up and circulating. Help things set so to speak.

Craw_Gator

Forum Newbie
Threads

Attachments

• Four.jpg
    Four.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 12

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
A few pics. You can see the thin plastic of the tank on the bottom where it flexed out of shape
Is that the factory hose and clamp? Looks like garden hose and an automotive worm drive on her. What I am getting at is the hose looks fairly stiff. Any vibes will transfer to that orange seal. And that industrious 90 degree hose barb fitting........

slomo

JohnFrancis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is that the factory hose and clamp? Looks like garden hose and an automotive worm drive on her. What I am getting at is the hose looks fairly stiff. Any vibes will transfer to that orange seal. And that industrious 90 degree hose barb fitting........

slomo
Had the same issue on my new Ferris Procut S 61. Always garaged and maintained well. Started leaking after 150 hours or so. Really poor design for a pricey mower! Thought about threading up a replacement bulkhead fitting but couldn’t come up with a good setup. I went with Slomo’s suggestion. Pulled the tank, pulled the grommet, degreased everything and put a small bead of JB Weld two-part epoxy for plastic around the grommet and reinstalled it. Works great! Thanks, Slomo!

Craw_Gator

Forum Newbie
Threads

slomo
Yep that is the factory hose based on what I have seen on others. The hose is fairly stiff. The worm drive clamps I have no idea if original. I ordered a new grommet. reinstalled it and have used a few zip ties to contort the hose into a way that doesn't but as much pressure on the tank and grommet. So far it is working. I have an extra grommet and if it leaks again I may try the JB weld route.