Fellow LB addict here

Hoss304

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thought I'd check out the forums here . I mostly loaf on the MTF walk behind or trimmer forums .

image-2358623433.jpg

There's my fleet

Hoss304

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a few heading to the lawn boy doctor in the morning . A 10323 surging issue , two old F series and a V-series .

Hoss304

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mostly work on trimmers . I can't seem to master the lawn boys . I can clean the carbs all day and still not run right . My buddy is a certified husqvarna tech that grew up fixing lawn boys so I guess that helps the situation of owning so many :)

Joe Kuhn

Threads
I have a few heading to the lawn boy doctor in the morning . A 10323 surging issue , two old F series and a V-series .
How were the surging issues fixed? I have a friend with one that surges after a few minutes of running and will die if you don't choke it hard or keep priming. Saw another thread about drilling out the main jet.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Easiest thing to check first is also a common cause of this: See if it still behaves this way with the gas cap removed. If the problem disappears, it is due to a clogged vent in the cap.

Joe Kuhn

Threads
Easiest thing to check first is also a common cause of this: See if it still behaves this way with the gas cap removed. If the problem disappears, it is due to a clogged vent in the cap.
Good reminder. I checked that and it made no difference. I got my small drill bits yesterday as well as a new carb. Will try drilling out the old main jet first after checking old diameter versus new and go from there. Owner loves his mower because the walking pace is FAST. And I mean fast.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
I wouldn't be doing permanent changes just yet. Is yours also a 10323? I think the second thing to check is the primer. Try eliminating it by plugging its connection to the carburetor (I use a short piece of tube with a screw in the end). Since you can't prime it while doing this troubleshooting mod, you should warm it up first.

Joe Kuhn

Threads
I wouldn't be doing permanent changes just yet. Is yours also a 10323? I think the second thing to check is the primer. Try eliminating it by plugging its connection to the carburetor (I use a short piece of tube with a screw in the end). Since you can't prime it while doing this troubleshooting mod, you should warm it up first.
Mine is not a 10323. Mine is a Briggs branded mower, a 4 stroke. Just trying to help a friend.

Eliminate the primer with the thought being it leans out the mixture? That's a good thing to check. I'm going to my friends house tonight to work on it, so I'll try that first. Thanks!

All engine bolts/nuts have been checked and were secure. Carb was secure and gaskets looked fine and were in the correct order.

I'm wondering about the reed valves between the carb and the engine. Any experience there? Perhaps the reeds are the problem, but I wouldn't know why/how. I appreciate your expertise and experience.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Yeah, I was talking about your friends mower. Reeds can theoretically be a problem, but unless someone is messing with them (bending them, 'adjusting' them, rough-cleaning them, etc.) they are very reliable. I'm touching on the easy-to-check/easy-to-fix things first. We have guys that are the opposite: "Engine surges so I replaced the upper and lower seals and bearings. Then I cleaned the cap vent." 8 ^ O