Feedback on the Exmark Commercial 21, Metro 26 and Honda HRC216HXA

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Feedback on the Exmark Commercial 21, Metro 26 and Honda HRC216HXA
I use to cut a few yards a week but now it has grown to ten and is becoming a small side business that I see expanding over the next few years. I have two Toro Super Recyclers that are doing alright so far but I doubt they will hold up after this year, let alone the next few years.

The properties I take care of are anywhere between 1/4 and 1/2 acre properties and usually have a few obstacles such as trees, flower beds, ect. so I want to avoid getting any larger mower (anything over 32 inches or so) I also want to avoid any residential grade mowers like the Toro Timemaster, Super Recyclers, Honda HRX, ect. These will be mowers used a lot, for these other properties and my own, I just want something built to with stand the use.

I would like to get some feedback about a few mowers. The ones I have narrowed down are the Exmark Commercial 21 X series and the Honda HRC216HXA mowers. I hear great thing about both machines and I know a guy who has an X series with a kawasaki and BBC and he loves it. I would just like to get some opinions on these mowers in terms of bagging and mulching performance, reliability, longevity, prices ect. from anyone who knows anything about these mowers.

I am also looking into getting the Exmark Metro 26 for the larger yards I do. If any one has any feedback about them that would be great as well.

scott47429

Threads
i don't know alot about the bagging and mulching part since i don't do that but i have a exmark and wouldn't mow with anything else

Threads
I like the Exmark Metro 26. It gets the job done faster, and the cut is great. Any more questions about it let me know.

Threads
I don't bag with it so IDK about that, but the mulching is good. When the grass is long, some grass clumps fall off the one back wheel, but then I just go around the yard in a counter clockwise circle and the grass keeps on getting moved inward. It would prob be better bagging. It is heavy-duty and I just got a demo of it and the one wheel had a problem with it (it wouldn't turn as fast as the other), and it was hard to push when it was off because of that, but that is because the demo mower is old and someone probably broke it. I heard it is really reliable. Yes, it's around 150 pounds, definitely harder to turn, but not unbearable. It saves time, though, and the quality of cut is good.

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't bag with it so IDK about that, but the mulching is good. When the grass is long, some grass clumps fall off the one back wheel, but then I just go around the yard in a counter clockwise circle and the grass keeps on getting moved inward. It would prob be better bagging. It is heavy-duty and I just got a demo of it and the one wheel had a problem with it (it wouldn't turn as fast as the other), and it was hard to push when it was off because of that, but that is because the demo mower is old and someone probably broke it. I heard it is really reliable. Yes, it's around 150 pounds, definitely harder to turn, but not unbearable. It saves time, though, and the quality of cut is good.

I got your message, and then say this :laughing:

But thanks for the feedback. I have my heart set pretty much on Exmark for the most part. I am going to be getting an X series 21 soon enough, and then the Metro 26.

Threads
Cool. I'm glad I could help.

Threads
For any one looking at this thread who can't decide which mower to get (out of the 3), I would go with the Exmark Commercial 21 or the Honda HRC. The Exmark is very heavy duty, but as you can probably figure, HEAVY. The Honda HRC is again heavy duty, but, again, very heavy. I guess if you want something durable and rugged, it is going to be more bulky and heavy. I did like the Exmark Metro 26, but personally, I don't think it saved me much time, and it is SUPER SUPER HEAVY. They say it is just as easy to turn as 21 in. mowers, but I disagree.

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
I already got the Exmark Commercial 21 S series and I love it. I plan on getting two of the X series models next year as well as a Turf Tracer 48.

Threads
I already got the Exmark Commercial 21 S series and I love it. I plan on getting two of the X series models next year as well as a Turf Tracer 48.

WOW...You are going from a 21 in. to a 48 in.! haha I bet you will be very happy with the Turf Tracer! So you like the Commercial 21?

Church2224

Forum Newbie
Threads
WOW...You are going from a 21 in. to a 48 in.! haha I bet you will be very happy with the Turf Tracer! So you like the Commercial 21?

Absolutely love it so far. Takes a while to get used to managing your speed but other than that it is great. Bags great and the new mulching blade they came out with does the job very well.

Cannot wait for the Tracer, I am demoing one this Friday, so it should be fun, I love them floating deck hydros man!