Fed Up

Gator325

Threads
Cub Cadet LT 42 with less than 10 hours. The first few weeks everything went fine, Then the belt keeps coming off while mowing. Took it to authorized service center. They said they found nothing wrong.
They replaced the belt. Got it home, made one pass on the lawn, the belt came off. Inspected it more closely and noticed the belt was not on the deck like the diagram in the book.
I put it back on exactly as the book diagram showed. One trip down the lawn and off came the belt.
Put it back on again. If I have the deck at its highest level, it will not come off As soon as I lower it to 3 inch position and start mowing, off comes the belt.
Very aggravating.
I did a lot of research before deciding on Cub Cadet. It has very high reviews.
Did I get a lemon? What do I do next?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You get some one to sit on the mower and engage/ dissengage the belt while you watch what is happening from the left side .
Do it over concrete / asphelt from the left side.
If you are alone then set up a camera on some bricks & video it .
I use a Go-Pro clamped to the side of the mower .

Download your parts book from Cub Cadet and check that all of the belt keepers are in place .
Bad for a dealer not to have checked this in the pre-delivery but it does happen .

From a geometric perspective, the belt run is usually the straitest and therefore the loosest in the middle cut height.
A belt jumping off when the deck height is put there smacks of a loose , missing or weak deck tensioning belt.
The tension pulley must go on the slack side of the belt run which is where the EXIT side of the engine pulley