Favorite/Trusted Retailer

Hershey

Threads
In our lifetimes, we end up buying a few mowers at least. Do you have a favorite or trusted retailer you utilize, or where do you prefer to shop when it's time for a new mower or equipment?

Harriet

Threads
I've been doing business with the locally owned lawn and garden shop here in town for 40 years now. I know them and they know me, and everybody's happy. I know I can trust them.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
In our lifetimes, we end up buying a few mowers at least. Do you have a favorite or trusted retailer you utilize, or where do you prefer to shop when it's time for a new mower or equipment?

Bought a JD 318 from a local retailer back in '89, small family owned business, they closed about '95 but I went to the same salesman (part owner of older retailer) in 2002 to buy my 4210. He said most of his customers are repeat buyers but if everyone were like me he would starve to death. I'm the type that keeps their old vehicles forever, still got the '85 Crown Vic I bought new.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a few wholesale favorites but can't really think of any favorite retail outlets still in business.
Most of the good ones were family owned and operated and they have disappointed over time... KennyV

AndyMan

Threads
For chain retailers, I go with Tractor Supply and Home Depot. They have what I need at a good price. For service and parts I go with local shops where the guy behind the counter knows my name.

rekees

Threads
There's something to be said about dealing with local shop, their prices are usually higher but their service is better. Buy something at a big box store and 5 minutes later they don't remember you or want to hear about problems with the product.

Mean Machine

Threads
I have been a fan of Craftsman products for a long time. I have never had any problems dealing with Sears. I've gotten to know the department manager pretty well, and I've never gotten a bum steer.

Rocky

Threads
Even though I bought my property several years ago, I have not lived in the area until recently when I retired. In general, I prefer to work with small business people rather than the "big box" stores.