Farris 400S repower

Rlsme456

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2020 Farris 400s with a Kawasaki FR691V that I need to replace. Will a FX691V or a FX730V fit with no modifications? Is the wiring harness the same for 691 and 730? I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you very much.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depends on the crankshaft PTO dimensions for one thing and then there is the wiring setups. FR, FS, FX setups. Two setups uses inertia starters and two uses voltage regulators.
Mainly you will need rewire the starter circuit as the FX uses a solenoid shift starter and FR uses an inertia starter. The voltage regulator should be already wired to the starter positive post.
1673195241537.png 1673195271196.png
1673195293657.png

Rlsme456

Forum Newbie
Threads
Star tech. Thanks for your information. I am really only wanting the better filtration system the FX provides. Can that be added to the FR series with little or no modifications? I am not very good on the electrical side. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
You can fit the FX filter to your FR or FS it is quite easy .
If you want to mount it on the blower housing then you will also need the metal FX blower housing
I mount the filter on the ROPS usually and just use a longer hose as the filter makes removing the blower housing for the annual fin clean a right royal PIA
Down here there is a genuine Kawasaki authorised conversion kit which does not void warranty locally .
Apparently they are not available in the USA
Fr/FS to FX kit
Take the "kaw" off the front of the part numbers & the rest is the actual kawasaki part number
Very much worth doing
I have done a lot of them
Sometimes you can luck in a 691 or 730 with a thrown rod cheap and pinch the parts .
There was a long thread about this some time ago hopefully some one with a better memory than me will remember the thread title .

Rlsme456

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes
You can fit the FX filter to your FR or FS it is quite easy .
If you want to mount it on the blower housing then you will also need the metal FX blower housing
I mount the filter on the ROPS usually and just use a longer hose as the filter makes removing the blower housing for the annual fin clean a right royal PIA
Down here there is a genuine Kawasaki authorised conversion kit which does not void warranty locally .
Apparently they are not available in the USA
Fr/FS to FX kit
Take the "kaw" off the front of the part numbers & the rest is the actual kawasaki part number
Very much worth doing
I have done a lot of them
Sometimes you can luck in a 691 or 730 with a thrown rod cheap and pinch the parts .
There was a long thread about this some time ago hopefully some one with a better memory than me will remember the thread title .
Thank you very much. I believe I will give it a try.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you fit the canister to the blower housing you must get the steel housing which is more than 1/2 the price of the kit
If you fit it to a mudguard or ROPS frame then you can retain the plastic housing.
Search "kawasaki air filter" and you will come up with a couple of threads about doing this
Ignore all of the BS about warranty & making the engine run badly becacse it is the musing of those who have never done the conversion so are playing with theory.
Pay close attention to the clamp if you overtighten it then it will leak .
before you fit it clean the inside of the air tube to the carb.
Mid way through the season remove the flex tube and run a piece of damp white material around the inside again
IF it comes up dirty then you have a leak, if it come up clean, all is good and it never needs touching again.
I have taken to using a bit of silicon around the engine end of the tube so I know it makes a good seal thus I never have to check it again
Never remove the inner filter, you will never ever get it dirty enough to need replacing .
Unless you bag and mulch a lot of leaves the outers should go 5 to 15 years if not longer.
It is best to fit the meeter ( shown as optional part ) so you don't touch anything till the flow meter shows a restriction .
The inner & outer filters can be bought as individual parts which I did not find out till too late thus I have a stack of inners that I will never use .

Last edited:

Rlsme456

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you fit the canister to the blower housing you must get the steel housing which is more than 1/2 the price of the kit
If you fit it to a mudguard or ROPS frame then you can retain the plastic housing.
Search "kawasaki air filter" and you will come up with a couple of threads about doing this
Ignore all of the BS about warranty & making the engine run badly becacse it is the musing of those who have never done the conversion so are playing with theory.
Pay close attention to the clamp if you overtighten it then it will leak .
before you fit it clean the inside of the air tube to the carb.
Mid way through the season remove the flex tube and run a piece of damp white material around the inside again
IF it comes up dirty then you have a leak, if it come up clean, all is good and it never needs touching again.
I have taken to using a bit of silicon around the engine end of the tube so I know it makes a good seal thus I never have to check it again
Never remove the inner filter, you will never ever get it dirty enough to need replacing .
Unless you bag and mulch a lot of leaves the outers should go 5 to 15 years if not longer.
It is best to fit the meeter ( shown as optional part ) so you don't touch anything till the flow meter shows a restriction .
The inner & outer filters can be bought as individual parts which I did not find out till too late thus I have a stack of inners that I will never use .
Thank you very much, I will read the other threads.