Engine F525 PTO Clutch

Onscats1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The bearing on the PTO clutch of my F525 went out. Bought new clutch, but can't keep it tight now. If I use an impact to tighten the bolt, the engine won't turn over. If I loosen it to where the engine turns over easily, the bolt falls out after 15 minutes of mowing. What am I doing wrong??

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Use a torque wrench to torque bolt. Look up pto clutch replacement in your owners manual for specific torque of bolt. Place a small amount of blue locktite on bottom three threads, install lockwasher, flatwasher on bolt, install bolt by hand in crankshaft and torque to specification, let it sit overnight without starting.

Onscats1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Use a torque wrench to torque bolt. Look up pto clutch replacement in your owners manual for specific torque of bolt. Place a small amount of blue locktite on bottom three threads, install lockwasher, flatwasher on bolt, install bolt by hand in crankshaft and torque to specification, let it sit overnight without starting.

I used loctite and torqued to 165 ft/lb. The pto won't engage now and the bolt continues to loosen as the engine runs because it is turning counter clockwise. The new pto cluctch was smoking before my first post. I assumed it was burning the varnish off, but not sure now. Is it possible I fried the new clutch mowing with it loose? What else can I do to keep it tight?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used loctite and torqued to 165 ft/lb. The pto won't engage now and the bolt continues to loosen as the engine runs because it is turning counter clockwise. The new pto cluctch was smoking before my first post. I assumed it was burning the varnish off, but not sure now. Is it possible I fried the new clutch mowing with it loose? What else can I do to keep it tight?
Purchase a new grade 5 or grade 8 bolt, you probably stretched the bolt and threads using an impact wrench. Are you sure 165 ft. lbs. is correct torque? http://www.ogura-clutch.com/files/pdfIMP/PTOinstallation.pdf Torque should be 30-55 ft. lbs.