Engine F series vs. F100 engine are they interchangable

LB02215

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wanted to introduce myself since I'm new to the forum.

I have a LB model 7240 with an F-100 engine that just threw a rod so the engine is gone.

The unfortunate thing is that the rest of the machine is in perfect working order (just tuned it up and cleaned carb yesterday.

I came across an old LB model 4600 at a local shop that is in good working order but it has not rear bag and they can't find a replacement bag anywhere.

I am wondering if the F series engine 4600 can be used to replace my blown F-100 engine on my 7240.

Or, does anyone know where I can get a replacement rear bag assembly for the LB Model 4600.

The part number for the rear bag assembly is

LAWN BOY Rear Bag Part# 683796

Consequently, they are asking $75 for the 4600 machine. it has been fully tuned. Just looking for an owner who can find the rear bag.

Thanks

turfboy1997

Threads
i did an engine change for a guy who threw a rod on a 1994 mod 10415 (operating the machine without the air filter cover and sky high gov setting i might add!). I had an extra 19" F 100 engine that was a throw in from a deal on craiglist that had 95 lbs cold compression. I tore both motors down to the short block and used his carb, flywheel and starter cup, coil, shroud and recoil. Started on the first pull! However, looking at the pics on google of that 4600 vs. the 7240 the biggest difference is the mounting plates are different. I think if you do the process that i did it will work just make sure you change the mounting plate and use yours. The engines are identical! I could not believe that a late 70's model would fit a 1994 model! If you choose to keep it a 4 square you can find bags on ebay pretty regularly. If you choose to do the short block it should work. good luck and send me any questions you have or if you need pics let me know.

turfboy1997

Threads
Just checked ebay and i found this

P.S. if this dosent go to hyperlink for this url i just typed in lawn boy bag. $45 seems steep but the frame looks solid on it and the shipping is free. good luck!

Lawn Boy Rear Bag 4 Square 683796 N L A | eBay