Blades EZTRAK 255 Mulching Blades

pooleman13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I just purchased this mower an was disappointed it didn't have an automatic mulching feature built-in. My bad for not looking into this ahead of time but I just assumed it had this feature....

Anyways, I tried purchasing the mulching cover but it obviously doesn't help with cut the grass up smaller/finer.

I'm looking to buy the best mulching blades on the market for this mover. Therefore, 2 questions:

1) Am I restricted to only using "mulching blades" that John Deere provides?
2) If not, can you provide recommendations to what blades I could replace the factory blades with that will chop the grass clippings up as fine as possible?

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Nwatson99

Threads
Hey Dan
No you can purchase any blades that is not JD as long as they are cross referenced with the JD part number.
When I had the MOD deck, the high lift blades worked better than the mulching blades for mulching.
I know that machine requires a mulch cover over the deck, but I sure forget if it has a mulch baffle kit for it?
Also another item you might be interested in I got a friend that has the next bigger unit from yours and he purchased the anti-slip kit and loves it for his mower, my machine came with the floor mat as well and it does take out vibration going to your feet.