Export thread

exmark turns to left when pulled forward

E

exmarknoob

exmark turns to left when both handles pushed forward

I have a 2008 exmark lazer z HP lhp27kc505 and when I push both handles forward it turns to left more, not a dramatic turn but gets annoying going straight. I looked at the manual and its doesn't say to much on what bolts to adjust any help would be much appreciated.

M

mechanic mark

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/exmark/index.cfm?xCaller=exmark Enter model number LZ27KC605 click on publications at top right then click on operators manual & see page 46 in troubleshooting, tracking left or right & adjustments to be made, adjust tire pressure first before making adjustments & try it out.

B

bertsmobile1

And the one thing the manual does not mention is to check the routing of the belt & the belt tensioner.

FWIW on newer consummer level Zero Turns it is almost impossible to get them to track properly .
None have individual adjustments for both forward & reverse on each wheel.
Back to the Magic Pudding syndrome, the lower the prices get the less the customer gets.
The last McCulloch I worked on has no adjustments at all except a bolt to limit the maximum forward speed.
The compensating adjustmnets need to be made moving the upper arms on their mounting, Cheap, cheap cheap.
As such 3 hous of work got them to the point where full foreword for 100 M ten full back for 100 m had me 5m to the left on one & 7 meters to the right on the other.

E

exmarknoob

Thankyou mark, it worked it was a black adjustment nut, and got lucky made the adjustment first time, now when pushed forward no more left. Thanks again.