Exmark - Popped a Belt Off

AdamE

Threads
I was doing my first mow of the season on my Radius E and while going over some small sticks, my hydro just stopped. I shut it down and looked for leaks. Tried it again and no drive.

I looked underneath and saw that the drive belt came off of the clutch pulley. I'm assuming a stick got up there. After a lot of cursing and a little blood, I was able to get it back on. Whew! It had me worried since it only has 25 hours on it.

This made me start thinking. When you need to get under the rear of these things to change belts or whatever, what's the best way without a lift? I have a Bulldog jack for the front of it, but I'm now imagining working on the rear. Does a pair of ramps work okay?

Thanks all!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
A low profile floor jack and jack stands.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Block & tackle
Engine crane
Jack & stands under the frame
Usually you need to be able to rotate the wheels .
And yes, not a fun job .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Jack stands are definitely a needed safety equipment for these ZTRs. I work both small and large units. Just can't trust a hydraulic to hold a half ton machine while I am working flat of my back under one. I two low profile jacks as I have had use both to move some ZTRs on the repair lot.

Most are not easy to change drive belts on either Sometimes you even need specialized tools just like the CC that had to modify one my spring hook tools so I could de-attached and reattached the drive idler pulley spring. I needed to access the engine mounting bolts and one was behind the idler arm.

Some else I am looking into and that is a gantry crane as the engine lift legs are always in the way for under carriage work.