Exmark mower problem

Dh19005

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark pioneer with 36 hours on it. It mows level but leaves unmowed grass and sometimes streaks. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 67

sjessen

Threads
Sounds like the mower is new or nearly so. Has it always done this? Have you checked the deck rake? It should be 1/4-3/8" higher in the back than the front.

Dh19005

Forum Newbie
Threads
The deck rake is 1/2". New blades and correct air pressure in the tires. It didn't mow well from the start. It's progressively getting worse.

sjessen

Threads
Have you taken it back to the dealer for them to look at?

Dh19005

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've rechecked the blades. Tried running it at different speeds. Mowed fast and slow. Still no change. The belts seem tight enough. I'm done tinkering with it. Going to take it to the dealer.

LoCo86

Threads
I've rechecked the blades. Tried running it at different speeds. Mowed fast and slow. Still no change. The belts seem tight enough. I'm done tinkering with it. Going to take it to the dealer.

I know you said you checked the blades, but did you check the torque of the bolts that hold the blades on? I had that issue one time years ago where I thought they were torqued down tight enough but the trim side blades worked its way loose and was leaving streaks in the yard. Found out the bolts had come loose and was spinning but not fast enough to cut anything.

OldMasterTech

Threads
I have an Exmark pioneer with 36 hours on it. It mows level but leaves unmowed grass and sometimes streaks. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Subscribing - my Navigator (45 hours) leaves the same pattern but not as pronounced as your photos. It has the 48" two-blade deck. I started this season with new blades hoping for an improvement but no change.....

clpolcar

Threads
Could it be that there is pressure from the tires leaving tire tracks? Doesn't look like blade issue to me. Just that's how it cuts

OldMasterTech

Threads
Could it be that there is pressure from the tires leaving tire tracks? Doesn't look like blade issue to me. Just that's how it cuts

I think you may have the answer, at least in my case. The ground here has not been fully dry yet this year so the tire "striping" may be exaggerated.

After the next mow I'll observe the cut after two days to see if the cut looks uniform.

OldMasterTech

Threads

This is the correct answer, again at least in my case but maybe not for the OP, after the striping effect from the wheels fades the cut is uniform.