exmark metro 48 bogging down--now power--need ideas

soberdude

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / exmark metro 48 bogging down--now power--need ideas
I have an exmark metro 48 walk behind. now im not a wrencher--an even worse, not much of a routine maintenance guy. this spring several things happened with this mower. most important, the carb began leaking and I then discovered gas in the crank. I therefore decided to basically overhaul the mower from a new carb--air filter--gas lines and filter-new spark plugs gapped .030...new fuel pump new transmission belt and idler pulley-replaced deck belt and several pulleys--serviced the transmission and changed the grease..flushed the crank with new oil and seafoam to clean it out then more new oil--new blades..so now after firing it up--appears to run well--but when pto engaged the blades take a really long time to spool up to speed and it has no power at all. wont tolerate heavy grass and completely bogs down. plus I;m still smelling unburnt gas when running. belts all seem well adjusted..so think maybe I have the same problem in another post where a cylinder was not firing--what would cause that and how to remedy? -a bit disappointed after all my effort to get this mower back into shape..any suggestions would be appreciated because even though its 12 years old, it in pretty decent shape compared to other mowers I/ve seen ...soberdude